The time has come to officially start my blog. There have been several false starts but my blog mentor is getting ready for a new office so here is the perfect opportunity to start fresh. Whit is starting with a clean slate and her inspiration was the editor's desk, actual (Anna Wintour's at Vogue) and fictional (Meryl Streep's in The Devil Wears Prada):





A Desk by Ralph Lauren:



    And a chair, also by Ralph Lauren:






I drew inspiration from a number of places. I thought of white with punches of strong color, a does of modernity/feminity, a few traditional pieces, a professional space but Whit is nothing without a strong streak of creativity (hence the notion of a inspiration board/gallery wall), and a smidge of Paris...


    I was really intrigued by this shade of Navy called Symphony Blue by Benjamin Moore. I'd love to see it as a backdrop to an inspiration board/gallery wall behind Whit's desk:



And the desk would be this chrome sawhorse Architect's desk:





Since this really is an office, there will need to be some storage. I'm thinking of the small alcove space that is between the two windows. Behind the desk where the wall is painted Navy,

  • Option 1 would be a half wall of lateral cabinets and cubbies in white with an inspiration board/gallery wall above...



  • Option 2 woud be a traditional piece like this mahogany buffet that I had (and refinished myself for a song), also with the inspiration board/gallery wall above:



I chose this white leather Eames Soft Pad Management Chair, but honestly, any of the Eames desk chairs in white leather are incredibly iconic:


As for the office chairs for "guests" to sit in (Marietta, Chad, Clare, and myself), I haven't found any yet but I bet there are a few French chairs from Indigo Seas that might be convinced to change locations...



That's what I envisioned for Whit...tell me, how far off am I? You can see other inspirations and ideas for the office here and here.



P.S. Happy Birthday, Claire!







4 Comments

  1. Oh Em! I love it all! Now I just how to figure out how to afford everything...and YOU! ;) I am so proud of you that you started your blog. Now that you've done one they will start flowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me start again. Now I just have to figure out how to afford everything. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Em-It appears that your blog is set up the same as mine for comments. I have a google account so that may be why I am able to leave comments easily; mom and Clare don't have gmail. I will see if I can get on mom's computer to see why she can't leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. But they both leave comments on your blog? Hmmm, this is peculiar.

    ReplyDelete