So...I was cleaning out my closet and I was waiting for my little helper (Jessie) to come over and help me. I took all my clothes and put them on the bed. I thought it would be really funny to hide in the clothes and then jump out and scare her when she walked in the door. She texted me to let me know that she was leaving and I climbed into bed and covered myself with clothing. I woke up about an hour later...
Finally, when she showed up she took this photo.

Okay, so she isn't very punctual. But sometimes I need moral support when tackling a project like clothing. Because I am often destracted...like when I came across this skirt which I have never worn.
One reason I have never worn it is because it is almost as tall as I am. As you can see, I am standing on a stool just to try it on!
It is a handmade Sybil Connolly skirt in a shamrock green made of yards and yards of fine handkerchief linen pleated and pintucked to perfection. Sadly, not much is written about Connolly who revitalized the Irish handcraft industry by employing women to make lace, sweaters, and these amazing pleats for her designs. She is most famous for designing the linen dress that Jackie Kennedy wore in her White House portrait. Someday I'll have someplace to wear it. Until then, it remains unhemmed in my closet for me to try on with fiesta flowers as a slight destraction...


3 Comments

  1. I remember that skirt, didn't Penny give it to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The anonymous was me, that only way it would post.
    Miss you,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Penny gave me this skirt...I can't believe I have never found an occasion to wear it...I usually am good about wearing everything that I own!

    ReplyDelete